2013-03-20

It's Always About The Beginnings!

Me when I was about 3 years old
{Intro...

 I can't actually define the time when my passion for music has started, especially for Rock, Metal and guitars. But I assume it's started sometime while I was still in my mother's womb.
I have grown up in a family that has a decent history with music. My uncle's Oud used to attract me to the point of drooling just to put my hands on it.
I remember in my kindergarten days when I couldn't wait just to see Headbangers Ball and Metal Mania and God knows how silly I looked like trying to imitate band members and headbanging.
Just to mention that none of my family members are interested in heavy music so I was tremendously lucky to be introduced to excellent music at such a young age. And although I'm a huge fan of Rock and Metal, I can't deny my love for Pop. Bands like Backstreet Boys and Nsync were undeniably great.


{Guitars.. Ultimate Love

My first love
  I got my first "unreal" acoustic guitar when I was a 3rd grader. It wasn't "tunable" but at that time it was a plus cause I wasn't aware of the guitar tuning matter. I usually sat in front of the TV or the computer blasting  (Linkin Park, Metallica, Nickelback, Cradle Of  Filth...), trying to play what they play. Years later I got a "more real" acoustic. I could play some songs and themes by ear and occasionally composed some good melodies. But that guitar didn't last so long because I eventually overtightened a string and it broke. The reason why I haven't gotten my first real guitar sooner was because I wanted to get it with my own money. And because I couldn't control my shopping habits it took me ages to finally achieve that life-long dream.
In August 2009, I went to the shop and picked up my first electric guitar, A Fender Squier Caster. It was a starter pack and I basically took it because I didn't have enough money for a separate amp. I believe if I waited a bit longer I would've gotten a better deal. But I knew myself too well not wait any longer. The next day I went again and bought a Zoom G1X effects pedal -I was so lucky that I had enough money left in my pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment